Broken Pieces

Review: Her Books Presents: Book Club Picks by Multiple Authors

Her Books Presents: Book Club PicksHer Books Presents: Book Club Picks by Steena Holmes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

List the five major events in the story. Emma is missing. She is found living with Jack and Dottie. Dottie has dementia and took Emma thinking it was her granddaughter. The family thinks that having Emma back is the end of their nightmare but soon find that with Emma back at home their journey of healing and forgiveness is only just beginning.
What kind of book is this? This is fiction story about a little girl who disappears only to be found living with an elderly couple a few years later. I'm not too sure if I understood the timeline correctly but I think the child is found about three years later, although if she was only 5, then some of her emotions did not seem realistic. So yes, the timeline isn't as clear as I would like it to be.
Tell in your own words the beginning of the book. Megan and Dottie are both thinking about Emma. Dottie writes about Emma being her second chance at motherhood and Megan is in bed with Emma asking her to bake cookies. Different ages, and different thoughts but they were all bound together by one particular incident.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment