Broken Pieces

Interview with Brandon Overall, #Author of Superhuman Nature


Tell us about your family?
-I’m not married, but my parents are still together and I have a brother who is 3 years younger than me that I am really close with.
How do you write – lap top, pen, paper, in bed, at a desk?
-Lap top at my desk.  I hate hand writing.  I am a fast typist, so keyboard is definitely the way to go for me.  It takes very little effort to get my thoughts out on paper because of how quick I type.
Where do you get support from? Do you have friends in the industry?
-So far I haven’t gotten support from anybody.
How much sleep do you need to be your best?
-I try to sleep around 8 hours a night.  I’ve been lifting weights once or twice a day, so I need that recovery time to build up muscle!  Plus my brain shuts down if I get anything less than 7 hours of sleep the previous night.
Is there anyone you’d like to acknowledge and thank for their support?
-I’d like to thank my Mom first and foremost for the hard work she put into helping me edit my novel, and my Dad for helping me bounce ideas off of him for plot lines.
Every writer has their own idea of what a successful career in writing is, what does success in writing look like to you?
-To me, I think meeting one stranger who has read your book means you have made enough of a following to say you are a success.
It is vital to get exposure and target the right readers for your writing, tell us about your marketing campaign?
-Well to be honest I am too new to writing to know the best way to get readers to find my writing.  This is my first marketing attempt!
Tell us about your new book? What’s it about and why did you write it?
-My new book is called Superhuman Nature and it’s a story about a guy who acquires telekinetic powers.  The government finds out about it and wants to use him as a super weapon, but things don’t go according to plan.  I wrote it because it’s an idea I’ve always fantasized about and I would love to have a story revolve around the concept.  I think it’s a situation a lot of people would love to put themselves in and imagine what they would do.
When you are not writing, how do you like to relax?
-I love to lift weights, run, play video games, and surf the web
Do you have any tips on how writers can relax?
-Music without lyrics helps me the most.

SuperhumanNature
Superhuman Nature is Brandon Overall's first novel. It was written and published during his first deployment to Afghanistan as a 2nd Lieutenant in late 2013.
Neil Hitchens was a senior ROTC Cadet in college. He was just weeks away from graduating and becoming an Officer in the United States Army, until a strange dream set off a chain of events that would twist his life into something he could have never prepared for.
In the days following his dream, several strange happenings occurred that he began to suspect were the result of his own actions. Before long, he discovered that he had the ability to control the world around him with his mind.
What started out as an unpredictable ability quickly evolved into an extraordinary power that had the capacity to change the world. It didn't take long for the government to find out what Neil could do.
They knew having such limitless potential on the side of the US Military could give them limitless political influence, and they would stop at nothing to get Neil to do their bidding. They would find out what happens when you back a dangerous animal into a corner.
Neil spent his whole life believing he would amount to greatness, but he never expected how greatness could corrupt even the most innocent of minds.
Buy @ Amazon & Smashwords
Genre – Science Fiction
Rating – PG-13
More details about the author
Connect with Brandon Overall on Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment